McTaggart Group, have won the Community Contribution Award at the Scottish Homes Awards 2018.
The awards are Scotland’s largest independent awards initiative for the housing industry and celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. This national recognition comes as the event organiser revealed a record number of entries this year.
McTaggart Group’s Managing Director, Gary Climson said “We’re honoured to be recognised by this prestigious panel of judges, alongside some of the most prominent house building brands in the UK.”
He continued “The creation of sustainable communities is central to our business strategy therefore we’re particularly delighted to have won the ‘Community Contribution Award’. We take the view that we are visitors to the areas in which we are building and making that community better in every way we possibly can is our goal. Getting to know the people in these communities and delivering a programme to help address some of societies inequalities is key to the success of our Sustainable Communities Programme.”
Last year, the groups Sustainable Communities Programme delivered over 300 work placements and reported a 40% progression rate into employment within McTaggart Group of businesses.
The categories where McTaggart Group were also finalists were:
- Housebuilder of the Year (more than 100 units) – McTaggart Group
- Large Affordable Housing Development of the Year (social rent) – Mavor Avenue, East Kilbride for Clyde Valley Housing Association
- Small Affordable Housing Development of the Year (social rent) – Barclay Street Phase 1, Springburn for Loretto Housing Association
- Small Affordable Housing Development of the Year (social rent) – Avalon Place, Linlithgow for West Lothian Council
- Small Affordable Housing Development of the Year (social rent) – Springfield Road, Parkhead for Parkhead Housing Association
- Show Home of the Year – Laurel Homes’ Fitzalan Court, Whitecraigs