Affordable housing builder, McTaggart Group, have been announced as finalists across seven categories of the Scottish Homes Awards 2019 including ‘Housebuilder of the Year (more than 100 units)’ for the second year running.
The awards, which began in 2007, are Scotland’s largest independent awards initiative for the housing industry. McTaggart Group were winners of the ‘Community Contribution Award’ at last year’s event.
McTaggart Group’s Managing Director, Gary Climson said “Being recognised alongside some of the most prominent house building brands in the UK is an honour. We see our shortlisting in the Housebuilder of the Year category as an endorsement of the progress and quality of affordable housing in Scotland.”
The categories where McTaggart Group are finalists are:
- Housebuilder of the Year (more than 100 units) – McTaggart Group
- Large Affordable Housing Development of the Year (social rent) – Wallacewell, Glasgow for Loretto Housing Association
- Large Affordable Housing Development of the Year (social rent) – Winchburgh for West Lothian Council
- Housing Regeneration Project of the Year – Barclay Street Phase 1 & 2, Springburn for Loretto Housing Association
- Affordable Housing Development of the Year (private sale) – Melville Gardens, Beith
- Small Housing Development of the Year (private sale) – Melville Gardens, Beith
- Starter Home of the Year – ‘The Ash’, Melville Gardens, Beith
Laurel Homes, the private home building brand within the group, have been shortlisted in several categories for their Melville Gardens development in Beith, where only one plot remains. Laurel Homes is currently working alongside Link Group on Riverside Dalmarnock, an initiative to create tenure neutral designed development of 562 new flats and houses for social rent, mid-market rent, new supply shared equity (NSSE) plus private sale. Phase 1 of private sales at this development are already sold out.
The winners will be announced at an awards dinner which takes place on Thursday the 13th of June 2019 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Glasgow.